Monday, June 28, 2010

Disney - Day 1

We had a wonderful trip to Disney that I can't possibly fit everything into one blog post so I am going to do a post for each day of our trip.

First off - we had a LONG car ride down to Florida but the kids did great! Thank goodness for portable DVD players!

Sunday night we spent some time at Downtown Disney. Although it was hot outside, it felt great to stretch our legs. We walked around, ate at T-rex (a dinosaur restaurant owned by the same company as Rainforest Cafe), shopped and had fun watching and dancing at the dance party. Christopher was really getting his groove on - unfortunately I forgot my camera - so I have no pics from Downtown Disney.

The next morning we woke up early so we could get to All Star Movies, check-in to get our park passes and head to Magic Kingdom. We had a great day exploring the Magic Kingdom. Some of the kids favorites from the day were It's a Small World, Buzz's Space Ranger Spin and the Indy Cars. We had dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. The kids all enjoyed meeting the characters - although I have decided that character meals are far from relaxing! You are so busy taking pics and getting ready for the next character to come to your table that you hardly have time to eat! But they are a great way to meet the characters without having to stand in line and I would do them again.

The fireworks over Cinderella's castle were amazing! Elyse and I especially liked watching Tinkerbell fly from the castle to Tomorrowland! What a great way to end our day. It was a long and hot day but the kids were all troopers as we pushed them along from ride to ride. Andrew and Christopher both fell asleep as we were walking out of the park after the fireworks. Here are a few pics from our first day of fun!


Andrew and Elyse with Piglet.

With Eeyore

With Tigger

With Pooh


All the kids exploring the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.


Jeff and Andrew driving the Indy cars.
Kailey and Elyse on Dumbo.
Andrew on Dumbo - he was loving it!
Stay tuned for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment