Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tulip Time

We had a fun Tulip Time week.  I was dancing again this year so that makes things busy but I also took some time off of work.  We had the boat in the water for the fireworks so we took some friend and their kids out on the boat to watch the fireworks.  It was a little chilly but so fun to be on the boat again!

On Wednesday Andrew and I spend the day downtown. I had to dance at 10am and then we put a blanket and chairs down to save a spot to watch the parade later on.  We even got our picture taken by the paper when we were putting our chairs down!  It wasn't in the print addition - only the on-line addition.  Here is the link to see it online:
We watched a puppet show downtown and had a picnic lunch. Then we met up with Tric and Christopher to scrub the streets! The boys had fun and when we got to our seats we sat down and waited for the parade to start.

Thursday I was able to march with Elyse's class in the Kinderparade.  The weather was perfect - unlike last year when it was soooo hot!  The kids did great and it was fun to be with Elyse.

Friday night I had to dance for the last time and it was so busy downtown!  I had so many friends and family that came to watch me that night - I felt like I had a huge cheering section just for me - so fun!

We went to the Saturday parade too, despite the rain.  My mom came with me and we really had a fun time even though it was raining  =( 

Here are some pics from the week.

My cute dutch girl and her AG doll.


And by cute dutch boy.


My mom got this cute pic of the 3 of us.


Andrew's favorite part of scrubbing the streets -- the water!


Having a snack at the parade - good to the last crumb!


Getting ready to march with Elyse's class.

Another fun Tulip time week!

No comments:

Post a Comment