The 2 top priorities at Epcot were Test Track and Soarin and both get very long lines! So the plan was to get Fastpasses for Test Track to use later and head right to Soarin. Soarin is one of my favorite rides at Disney and I was bummed that I missed it!
Here is Andrew the tour guide - he loved looking at the maps and making sure we were going in the right direction!

After Soarin they headed to the Finding Nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. This is a really neat ride and exhibit and the kids enjoyed looking and learning about all the fish, etc.
Although I was still tired - I had kept the food down and decided to join the rest of the group in Epcot. I actually made it into the park before lunch time - so I didn't miss out on too much.
This year the boys were both tall enough to ride Test Track!
Here is Tric, Christopher, Matt, me, Andrew and Jeff in one car.
And Kailey, Elyse and Grandpa in the back seat of this car.

Afterwards we asked Andrew if he liked it and he said that it "dazed" him! He did not want to ride it again but Elyse loved it and would have rode it again!
We wandered through the countries and the kids enjoyed stopping at the Kidcot stations. They got a cardboard disney bear on a stick and they could color it at each of the stations. They also had someone who was from that country at the Kidcot stations and they would stamp the backside of the bears with the country name. Sometimes they would also write the kids name in their native language. We also went on the Viking boat ride in Norway which was fun.
Here is a picture of Elyse meeting Mulan!
After dinner it was time to head to the Yacht and Beach Club resort where a special evening awaited us! I am so thankful that I was feeling better and didn't have to miss it! As a thank you to Jeff's parents and for their Christmas present we booked a boat ride to watch Illuminations at Epcot. Illuminations is a fireworks, music and laser light show.
Here we are on the dock ready to get on the boat.
We took a boat ride past a few resorts and to Disney Hollywood Studios. Our driver told us all about the history and other interesting facts about each resort. It was a chilly night but it was so fun to ride around with all the resorts lit up and decorated for Christmas! It was definately one of my favorite nights! Plus, we had the best seat in the house to watch Illuminations and we didn't have to wait for hours to save our spot!
Here is our view of the show!
Of course pictures don't do it justice but the show was great! Another wonderful day in Disney!
Stay tuned for a post on Elyse's favorite part of Disney!



No comments:
Post a Comment